BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week four: SNICKER DOODLES!

Last year, my aunt sent me a link to a recipe for a snicker doodle cake she was wanting to make for my cousin's birthday. Snicker doodles are his favorite cookie, so she wanted to make something special. She came up with the brilliant idea that, if the cake turned out well, maybe cupcakes would, too!


And they did...

The original recipe came from www.foodiewithfamily.com but I halved it and tweaked it just a little. I didn't use whole milk, and not nearly as much butter and powdered sugar as the frosting calls for. A friend at work said he really, really liked them... and he doesn't even like the cookie version. It feels good to have success after a failure week.

Root beer extract was found, so I'm pretty sure I'll be attempting Root Beer Float cupcakes again very, very soon. But next we'll have either Double Chocolate Raspberry or Dr. Pepper cupcakes... for Andrea :)

0 comments: